Sunday, May 5, 2013

Introduction

My name is Jennifer, and I started this blog as a way to put my feelings into words, to help myself, and to maybe help others that are out there lonely.  If you're a person that has a BFF or several besties, maybe you never realized what it's like to have several acquaintances or somewhat distant "friends" but never any close friends.  It's somewhat like being a Jack of all trades but never a master of one, and there are many times I wonder what my purpose is here on Earth. 

While my husband is a great friend, it's not the same as having someone to text or call just for a quick "cheer me up" or "let me vent".  I'd love to have a friend stop over out of the blue (and I don't have to worry about the house being super clean) just to chat and to have that option of stopping over to her house anytime too.

Whenever I start to get down about not having a best friend, I start to wonder what's wrong with me.  I mean, plenty of people tell me how sweet I am or comment about nice things I do, so what's so wrong with me?  It's very tempting to just pull myself out of everything instead of trying to get involved with everything, just to put myself out of the misery.  Why not just hide out inside my house with my kids and hubby and be happy?  The only problem is, I'd be miserable this way too!  I need social interaction with others!

Tonight, when I started to think about my situation, I decided, maybe I should blog about it.  Maybe there's someone out there who could offer some help, or maybe there are others who are going through the same thing whom I could help.  I really don't know where this could go, but I'm giving it a go.  Whenever something prompts me to get on here and write, I'll do just that, and we'll go from there.  If you've made it this far with me, welcome to my journey!  Thanks for joining me.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment